Monday, April 14, 2008

My Interview and more


I interviewed for the 4-H job today. My bosses were awesome, and they scheduled me for a light day, so I only had to work until 11:15. I had plenty of time to come home, get pretty, and get to my interview on time.

It went really well. I was Dana. I let my personality shine, without being too over the top. I hope I made it clear how much I wanted to work in extension. It was encouraging that the County Director was asking personality questions to make sure I'd fit into the office.

He mentioned he had heard my name in the grapevine, and thought I had found a job in another county. It made me feel good that I was known in the extension sphere. That will help me get a job, even if it's not this one.

I took a picture of me in my new suit, but my internet isn't liking me, so It won't let me post it. I'm hoping it will let me post this when It's finished.

I should hear in 2 weeks if they have made a decision. I'm praying that they like me and it will be easy for them to choose me!

John-Paul and I had a great weekend. We visited a Seventh Day Adventist Church near my house, and liked it. It was better than the huge church where John-Paul wanted to go. He agreed that it was nice. After church on Saturday, we went and scoped out where my interview was. It was nice to go for a little drive (it's an hour)

Sunday the services were canceled at the Nazarene church to encourage the congregation to visit a church to experience what being a visitor felt like. John-Paul agreed to go with me to a HUGE Methodist church. My bosses go there and invited me to come and visit. It was an experience. They had a full orchestra and a huge choir. It was so huge. I wasn't very comfortable, but I'm glad that I went. Next weekend the Nazarene church is getting together after church and having a pot luck and everyone is going to share their being a visitor experience. I'm excited to see what kind of experiences everyone else had!

I'll keep you updated about the job, and hopefully I'll be able to post the picture of me in my suit. it's so cute!

1 comment:

Arin and Troy said...

Look at you Little Miss Professional! Good luck on finding a new job that you will love!