Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lately

So, lately there has been a lot going on in my head, heart and soul, but I didn't report on it because it wasn't really accompanied by any big activities.

I've been going to work coming home, and occasionally spending time with a friend. I've been spending a lot of time on the phone with John-Paul, eagerly awaiting his return to Oklahoma (he'll be in Chickasha in 6 days!!!)

In the last few weeks, I've been reminded of how blessed I am to be loved by so many people. As I was awaiting John-Paul's arrival home, I was pondering where he was going to fit into this new life I've gotten. Between my church friends from both the Seventh day adventist church and the Nazarene church, and my friends from college who live in town, not to mention the friends who wander through to visit me. Where will I find time for him? I'm blessed to be loved by so many people who don't have to! I'm thinking that means we just need to get married, so he will be at the house all the time lol!

In the past few days, John-Paul and I have made big headway on some problems that we have been dealing with for awhile. God's grace is abundant, and His love for us is where our love for each other comes from. Sometimes we just forget the latter part. When we begin to live our life without the focus being on God, it's not the best place to be!

I'm finding a lot of joy in my job. At first it was hard to. I didn't get what I would call the best quality training. But, I've made the best of it, and can do it on my own for the most part. It's so exciting to enjoy work. I don't dread going. It's an adventure and a challenge. It's great! What I may be giving up financially, God is more than making up for with His presence in all things. Living in faith, while it's hard, is so rewarding! God isn't just a shadowy personage that I talk about. He's someone that I know.

The past few months have been hard/lonely/stretching among other things, but through that God led me to a RELATIONSHIP with Him. It's such a wonderful place to find myself. I pray that God can be blessing you with the peace, love, assurance and joy that I've found!!!

1 comment:

Ganny said...

Sounds like things are going good for you now. You have the right perspective in letting God work in your life. Love, Ganny