Thursday, August 28, 2008

plans!!

Not that all I'm thinking about lately is getting married, but it's close lol. Since you asked a few questions, I'm taking it that you want to hear all about it!

We are getting married in a city park not far from my (soon our) house. It's wooded, with azaleas all underneath. Not that they will be blooming, but it's a nice shrub. One of my friends from OSU works in the park, and it's her job to find a perfect place. She's also making me a bouquet since everyone says I have to have one. Friends are a great blessing!

I got my dress in the mail yesterday, it's pretty long, so I'm going to have it altered a little. I'd tell you about it, but I don't want to risk giving it away to John-Paul. I want him to be surprised that day.

We are getting married in Tulsa because if you go somewhere to get married you have to get there in time to get the license and all that mess. I thought it would take a little pressure off by getting married here, and that way we have witness that we at least know lol! Jackie (a friend of ours from high school, who goes to TU) is going to take pictures for us. Hopefully next week we will be able to take some official engagement pictures.

We are going home this weekend for lots of reasons. I wanna check on Ganny. She's under the weather. John-Paul's dad got a new car yesterday, so he HAS to check it out. Not to mention the fun stuff like picking out wedding bands, and maybe registering at stores at home.

ahhhhh!! I'm so excited!!!!

1 comment:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

so fun to plan a wedding with no one else's pressure or input. After hearing about how the family drama lives on at home, I think you are making a very wise decision to do it how you are. Good luck and best wishes. Be sure to post where you are registered at! Or at least what you are registering for. hint hint