Thursday, May 22, 2008

Crazy or just misguided?

So, in the midst of huge changes in my life I find myself totally crazy, I'm trying to tell myself I just don't have a plan so I'm misguided. I'm one who likes to have a plan. God's really teaching me that He's got the script and He'll show me the pages as we shoot the scenes. Right now I just wish I knew where the next scene was going to take place, or maybe even who the main characters will be would be nice.

I met with the pastor of the Nazarene Church yesterday afternoon. He's the interim pastor. He's got a job as a executive trainer, meaning he helps people get promotions. In the midst of my fear yesterday, I remembered him. So, I gave him a call.

In spite of the fact there are so many unanswered questions, of one thing I'm sure. God is and He cares. If He didn't care, I wouldn't have had any one to turn to in these scary times. I realized how blessed I am to have so many people who love and support me. It's amazing, really awesome. People I barely know are reaching out and really embracing me.

He helped me form a short term plan. Like super short term. Today, we planned today. I was to go to a temp agency. Part of my fear was not knowing where to go. He gave me a suggestion of where to go. So, I got up and went. I filled out a buncha forms and they told me to come back next week for an interview lol. So, I didn't accomplish much, but the wheel was set rolling.

I took the Mardel gift card I got from the Chickasha Nazarene church, and went shopping for some encouraging books. I love mardel's, it's a Christian books store. i asked if they had any openings and they are looking for part-time cashiers so I got an application. Maybe a baby step for a bright new future.

On a happy note, one of the people I interviewed with on Monday went to a conference with the 4-H educators I worked with last summer. So, they asked him what he thought, and he said he couldn't say much because there were still more applicants to interview, but I was one of the stronger candidates. So maybe all is not lost.

God is and He cares. (that's the mantra the pastor kept telling me, I get it in the brain, trying to engrave it on the heart)

Much love to you, and may your dreams be coming true!

No comments: