Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

John-Paul got to Denver Sunday afternoon. I'm missing him a lot. Even though the past few months were pretty hard in our relationship, I miss him so much. I thought I would be ok, but I've kinda been a mess.

I've been doing a lot of reading and journaling. I walked to church on Sat. and Sun. It was nice. It was cloudy, but I made it without getting rained on.

I was hoping someone would invite me to some sort of cookout for Monday, but that didn't happen. The Nazarene Pastor is having the church over for a cookout in 2 weeks. So, it just didn't happen when I wanted it to.

I was really lonely, so I called my friend Rachel Sunday night. She graduated from OSU from the hort dept a year before I did. So, we got together and talked about plants and life in general. She's super busy, and i'm just bumming around for awhile.

I was determined to make it through the day today, but I finally broke down and called the only other person in Tulsa that I consider a friend. The sweet lady from the Nazarene church, Rhonda. We went over to her friend's house and had the most wonderful dinner. Grilled pork loin and home made ice cream. It was the most amazing homemade ice cream I have EVER had!! it was so good, it didn't need anythign chocolate in it. I don't like plain vanilla ice cream, but man!! *drooling thinking about the ice cream*

I'm going to go to bed, so I can get plenty of beauty sleep. I have my interview at the temp agency in the morning. I pray I get a job, I'm going to go batty just sitting around my house for much longer!!

Love,
Dana Marie

No comments: