Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fun times!

Today I had the best time I've had in a while. Sad, but true.

I went to church at a nearby (less than a mile) Nazarene church. I've visited there a few times, and the people are super sweet. They had potluck, so I had to stay. I was the only college aged person there, and that's not a big deal except they are about a block from campus... any way, they are in transitions with pastors, so they were having a roundtable discussion about the mission of that church and where they were heading. It was interesting, and I really felt like my opinion was really valid and the little old people were excited to have me there. I'm really looking forward to fellowshipping there. I'm nervous about talking to John-Paul about it because he really wants to go to the Seventh Day Adventist church in town, but they are not nearly as friendly there. So, we will see what happens I guess.

After potluck, I went to a non-Superbowl party at a knitting shop. It was lots of fun. I met a lot of people and was able to knit for hours. I finished a project, so I got a discount. I got 10 bucks off my purchase, so I bought some of the needles I had been wanting for awhile. I don't think I have laughed so hard or so much in a long time! They said come back any evening and theres most likely people there knitting. I can't wait to have a project to make!!

It was good to spend the whole day with people. If I had been alone all day I think I would have been freaking out about going to work in the morning. I know this because as soon as I got home, I started freaking out about going to work in the morning. The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I'm sure we will be out spreading pre-emergent herbicides all day. It will be an adventure, and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it or not, but it's going to happen regardless... Guess I'll get online tomorrow and give an update.

1 comment:

Arin and Troy said...

Reading your posts just make me laugh! It is nice to see that you havent changed and that you are still the same ol Fibby!