Thursday, February 21, 2008

out on my own

Tuesday was my first day to be out on a truck by myself. It went rather well I suppose. The best and worst part of the day were the same incident, so I thought it was note worthy.

So, the trucks are equipped with a 400 foot hose, like a garden hose but heavier to withstand pressure. So you pull on the hose reel and get to the back of the yard. You spray, then gather the hose up, and use the amazing automatic winder to recoil the hose on the reel. Well the worst part of the day was I got a kink in the hose, and it got through on the reel. I couldn't moved the hose any more, physically or with the auto winder. So I began to tug, pull, cry, and pray.

After about 10-15 minutes of this, a Scott's lawn truck drove by. I prayed harder for help, and the guy turned around!!!! He pulled up and parked and helped me un-tangle my mess of a hose. It's so great to be reminded that there are nice people out there. I would have been there forever trying to untangle my mess.

Wednesday it was kinda icky out, and way too cold to spray so we fertilized trees instead. I didn't have to go by myself which was nice. I enjoy the company. Thursday it was gross outside again, so we worked in the shop. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be a little bit better, so we are going to try to treat lawns. I'm bummed it's going to get better tomorrow, because John-Paul is going home to Chickasha tonight, and I want to go with him. I'll have to drive by myself Friday, which is a bummer because the turnpike from Tulsa to OKC is BORING!!!

Well, I'd better get packing for the weekend so I'll be able to head out right after work. yay!! lol

No comments: