Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Saturday V. Sunday

This has been a big week already, and it's only Wednesday!! I had the pastor of the Seventh Day Adventist Church over on monday night for dinner. John-Paul was raised in the SDA church, and wants to continue to go there. I had some questions, so I bribed the pastor with food to answer them lol. John-Paul wanted salmon, so I went and bought a too big piece and about died when I paid for it, but John-Paul is happy. He's enjoying the leftovers immensely.

The pastor went through a lot of scripture about the Sabbath, and since there's no clear place saying hey let's meet on Sunday in the Bible, I guess I'll go with John-Paul and be happy. I know that I should submit to the spiritual leadership of my (hopefully soon future) husband, but it's sad. I really liked the Nazarene church here. i really felt welcome, and I could see a lot of places that I could have plugged in, but that's ok. I'm sure there's opportunities at the SDA church too. It's just so big, i feel lost in the crowd. O well I guess.

Prayer works, just in case you didn't know. This morning my car door wouldn't latch so i couldn't go anywhere. I went into the house to get my tool box after fiddling with the door for a while. I was praying that I wouldn't be too late to work, and when I came back outside with the tools, the door was fixed. It was amazing. I was only 30 minutes late. That just meant it was a few degrees warmer outside when we started.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I'll get my first delivery pizza to my house. Papa Johns has heart shaped pizzas, so instead of fighting crowds in every restaurant, John-Paul and I are going to stay in and watch a movie. Boring, but o well.

I'm getting ready for the Nazarene Student Center group to come over for a gathering at my house on Friday night. I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends. I miss being so close to so many people I know. John-Paul is about the only person I know and see besides my boss lol.

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

Oh Fibby I am glad I am not in your shoes today, but it sounds like things will work out. I talked to Ganny today and she said the baby is coming tomorrow. Are you excited to have a little niece to spoil or are you into the aunt thing? Anyways we are excited to hear the details and see pics. Have a Happy Valentine's Day tomorrow, it's an overrated holiday but I still love it probably bc of my bday. Oh and we are having a heart shaped pizza too!! Fun Fun

Arin and Troy said...

I hope you and John Paul had a good Valentines Day! Sorry about your church predicament, I didnt know some churchs met on Saturdays. Out of curiosity, what is their reasoning behind it?