Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines

Well I became an aunt again on Valentines. Kinsley was born. I heard she had a lot of hair. People told me how much she weighed and how long she was, but I didn't store that information for more than a second or two. She's a baby, and that's about all I have to say about that. I'm planning on going home in a week or so to visit and get a few pictures... Being an aunt isn't a big priority to me, but I think that's because my sister-in-law isn't my biggest fan and has kinda given that opinion to the boys. O well, can't worry about that anyway. Glad I don't like kids much anyway.

Kids are great I suppose, but I've just never wanted to be a babysitter or a mom. People think I sound mean when I say I don't like kids, but I just don't know how to connect with them, so I'd prefer to not have much to do with them. (sorry you moms out there. Your kids are cute and i love to see the pictures, but please don't ask me to babysit for them.)

I had a long day at work on Valentines, but that's ok because I got Friday off. It was going to be below freezing and raining, and since there isn't much to do outside in that weather I got to stay at home and get ready for the Nazarene Student Center friends to come over this evening. I don't think it's a big group, but it will be fun to see them.

John-Paul put a cute poem in my mailbox for me to get when I got home from work, and then when I got inside he had left a little box of chocolates and a cute card. It made me feel nice that he found time to come over while I was at work. He only has class on Tue and Thur, so those days are really busy for him. Our pizza was great, and I fell asleep on the couch while we were watching tv. Not real romantic, but hey is life isn't a movie right?

1 comment:

Arin and Troy said...

I couldnt stop laughing reading this post...HILARIOUS!! I am interested to see what the offspring of your brother and his wife looks like....