Wednesday, March 12, 2008

so, today....

I didn't want to go to work, like always, but I did anyway, because I have to.

When I got there my boss informed me that they are trying really hard to find a replacement for me and he thinks they have a good lead. My former academic advisor's son, Ben. Ben had called a friendly competitor who didn't have any room for them, so the other company called my boss. So first thing in the morning, I feel like staying at this job isn't an option, which is good. I had been praying for clarity in whether or not to look elsewhere. Question answered.

So, I need to call the county office that I put my letter of interest into, to make sure that they got my information. Hopefully they will be interviewing in a week or so.

I called the Optometrist in Chickasha that I worked for over summers and breaks, and she's going to be calling around to her friends in practice up here, as well as asking sales reps about openings. She also called a florist in town, and gave me a contact for someone who would be good to talk to to find a florist job.

So, I'm officially job hunting again. It's sad. I really want a tropical plant job, either as a grower or interiorscaping. there's not anything open that I know of like that in Tulsa. So, my next rain/snow/wind day off I'm going to just cold turkey go to their office and give them my I'm great, have lots of experience and drive you should hire me spill. I've practiced it on days that working really stinks. It's getting pretty good I must say lol.

Somehow the stress of looking for a job, when I know i should be looking is way less than stressing if I should look for one at all, if that makes sense.

So, please be praying that I can be sane while looking for a job. I know God has a place that's perfect for me, and this time I'm going to wait on HIM to help me find it!

No comments: